If your’e a fan of the Easy Extra SP Plan on Slimming World (I am!) then you’re probably aware that one of the keys to a successful run of SP days is to keep the variety up and make sure your meals are interesting. One of the beautiful things about Slimming World is that you can eat such exciting meals, so being overly restricted isn’t likely to add to the overall enjoyment of the plan.
That being said, the whole point of SP is that it is slightly more restrictive (if you’re not up to speed on what it’s all about read my handy guide on Easy Extra SP Explained here). So I’ll always aim to keep you supplied with SP meals now and again, to help you keep it interesting and stop you getting stuck for ideas and reaching for the pasta!
This recipe is a particular favourite of mine, because it feels so satisfying and contains SO MUCH SPEED FOOD! You get your tasty protein from the chicken, and could always add peas or other P veg to help bulk that side of things up, and then the delicious mushroom ‘bun’ is a great bread substitute and has so much flavour you won’t even care that you’re not eating bread! I adore it with roasted tomatoes, because I think they go so well with mushrooms, but feel free to add whatever speed foods you want alongside it. For a list of speed foods check out my Speed Food Shopping List here!
Delicious BBQ rubbed chicken in a tasty mushroom 'bun'!
- 1tbsp Spice 'n' Tice BBQ Rub (or similar BBQ style rub. If using BBQ sauce add syns)
- 2tsp Tomato Puree
- Fry Light
- 1tsp Tomato Puree
- Sprinkle of Garlic Powder
- 1tsp Spice 'n' Tice BBQ Rub (or similar, if using BBQ sauce add syns)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.Spray a baking tray with Fry Light.
- In a small bowl, mix your BBQ seasoning and two teaspoons of tomato puree together until completely combined. Taste and season more/add more puree depending on your tastes.
- Rub the mixture over your chicken breast, covering all of it, and then place this on the baking tray. Spray with Fry Light.
- Bake for 25 minutes, and then remove from the oven.
- Place your mushrooms on the tray alongside the chicken, and spread half a teaspoon of tomato puree on each, and sprinkle with garlic powder and the BBQ rub.
- Spray the mushrooms with Fry Light and pop the baking tray back in the oven.
- Bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until the mushroom is cooked through.
- Remove and assemble with the chicken between each mushroom. Add a lettuce leaf if desired for extra crunch (and speed!).
- Serve with plenty of speed veg!
Syn free on Slimming World. Suitable for SP.