1 Syn Chocolate & Cinnamon Biscuits
I couldn’t watch The Great British Bake Off last night without being inspired to get into the kitchen and create some biscuity magic of my own! These little beauties are LESS THAN 1 syn each! I’m rounding up to be safe, and allow you to make slightly larger biscuits if you fancy, but the whole batch is 25 syns and I got 28 out of it so it’s a massive winner in my books!
One of the beautiful things about Slimming World is that you don’t have to forgo delicious baked goods, you just have to make a few minor changes to make them fit with the plan! These for example are still made using butter and flour, but I’ve played with the quantities and used Sukrin :1 sweetener instead of sugar. The great thing about Sukrin :1 is that it can be substituted for regular sugar on a one for one basis and it acts in exactly the same way, unlike most other sweeteners I’ve tried! You can pick up Sukrin :1 on Amazon or in store at Holland & Barrett.
I used Sweet Freedom Choc Shot as the chocolate component in these little delights, as it’s only half a syn per teaspoon (I used 4 teaspoons in total, although not all of that got used – again I’ve rounded up). If you don’t have any Choc Shot, or don’t like it, you can of course melt regular chocolate and use that but just make sure to account for the syns.
Delicious mouthfuls of low syn heaven! Perfect for any budding 'Star Baker'!
- 100g Plain Flour
- 50g Flora Light
- 75g Sukrin :1 (see post for purchasing details)
- 2tsp Ground Cinnamon (plus extra for dusting)
- 4tsp Sweet Freedom Choc Shot (or melted chocolate if you prefer)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, Flora Light and Sukrin :1 into a mixing bowl and rub together using your fingers until it begins to come together.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured or non stick surface and kneed the dough with the palm of your hand for 5 to 10 minutes until you have a smooth ball of dough. Pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- When the dough has chilled, tip it back out onto your surface and roll it using a rolling pin (or wine bottle!) until it is between a quarter and half a centimetre thick.
- Using a small cookie cutter, carefully cut as many biscuits out of the dough as you can. Transfer these to a baking tray covered in baking paper.
- Re-roll the dough and repeat until you have no dough left. Dust with a little bit of cinnamon and put in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the biscuits are baked they will initially feel slightly soft, but will strengthen up once they've cooled. Leave them to do this.
- Spoon four teaspoons of Sweet Freedom Choc Shot into a small ramekin. Once cooled, dip each biscuit into the Choc Shot and place back on the baking tray. Once each is covered on one side, put in the fridge until the Choc Shot has firmed up.
- Serve with some fresh fruit!
Each biscuit is 1 syn on Slimming World.