This One Syn Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta is a filling, delicious and hearty Slimming World friendly pasta dish with a silky smooth sauce.
I love a simple pasta recipe, and this One Syn Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta is a super simple low syn option that will please the whole family! With just a few simple ingredients and just 20 minutes, you can whip up this healthy, Slimming World friendly pasta dish that will satisfy your hunger and keep you on plan.
A Slimming World Friendly Dinner Recipe
Before we get any further, I want to clarify that under Slimming World’s old rules this recipe would have been totally syn free! However, because they no longer class light cream cheese as a Healthy Extra A choice you need to count one syn per portion (the recipe serves two people) to account for the cheese.
Despite this new development, this is still a totally Slimming World friendly dinner recipe! One syn barely scratches the surface of your daily syn allowance, and you can save your Healthy Extra choices for food and snacks throughout the rest of your day!
So, how is this Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta so low syn?
I love making pasta recipes with super creamy sauces, particularly when I can keep them low syn and packed with flavour! If you were making this recipe without worrying about the syns, the likelihood is that a recipe would call for butter or oil to cook the mushrooms and high syn cream and flour to thicken up the sauce. With this recipe, however, I make sure that the mushrooms will stay packed with flavour by cooking them in just a few spoonfuls of stock and herbs and use the cream cheese and water from the pasta to make sure your sauce thickens up and turns creamy and delicious.
I love seeing when people make my recipes! So if you do make this One Syn Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta recipe then you can email it to me or share a photo on Facebook and Instagram tagging @basementbakehouse on Facebook or @basementbakehouse_sw on Instagram! I’d also love it if you shared your successes in my Facebook group too, you can join here if you haven’t already.
If You Love This…You’ll Love These Other Slimming World Pasta Recipes!
How To Make One Syn Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
If you love a good pasta recipe as much as I do, then this recipe for One Syn Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta is right up your street! Whether you’re following Slimming World, or just want a lighter way to enjoy pasta, you’ll love the flavours and textures in this dish.
Serves 2 Servings
A delicious, low syn, creamy chicken & mushroom pasta recipe - the perfect Slimming World pasta recipe for the whole family.
20 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
5 based on 7 review(s)
- 2x Chicken Breasts (diced)
- 200g Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1x Onion (red or white - diced)
- 1x Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 50g Philadelphia Lightest (2 syns)
- 300ml Chicken Stock
- 2x Ladles of Reserved Water from boiling the pasta
- 2tbsp Fresh Thyme (plus extra for garnish)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 200g Penne Pasta
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- Cook the penne pasta as per packet instructions. Reserve two ladles of the water to use later.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the diced chicken, along with one tablespoon of thyme until it is golden brown on all sides. Season with salt and pepper before removing from the pan and setting to one side.
- In the same pan, fry the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the mushrooms along with the two ladles of reserved pasta water. Fry until the mushrooms are softened and the water has reduced.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan along with the rest of the thyme, salt, pepper and Philadelphia Lightest and whisk until combined.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer until the sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and garnish with fresh thyme and serve hot (can be reheated).
Can be reheated.
One syn per serving on Slimming World.
Syn values correct at time of writing.
Please do not screenshot this recipe or share the instructions or accompanying post - this is copyrighted content. Share links instead.
This website is not affiliated with Slimming World in any way and I am not a trained Slimming World consultant.