mens health viagra radio commercial Bolognese is a staple dish in my household, and has been since long before I started Slimming World! Everyone has different ways of doing bolognese, often passed down from generation to generation, it is certainly a dish which inspires healthy debate on the correct methods, ingredients etc…
Personally, I love making it this way, as it uses fresh tomatoes instead of tinned (along with tomato purée) which feels so much more wholesome to me. I also don’t like drowning my bolognese in passata or too much liquid and by using just a little bit of liquid added gradually as the dish simmers, and allowing the tomatoes to reduce and create their own sauce, you end up with a thick, rich bolognese, full of flavour!
Thick, rich and full of flavour! Enjoy this with pasta or with veg for a tasty SP meal!
- 500g Lean Mince (5% fat)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4 Large Tomatoes (quartered)
- 20 Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3tbsp Tomato Puree (oil free)
- 2 Beef Stock Cubes
- 1tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 2tsp Mild Chilli Powder (optional)
- 2tsp Paprika (optional)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Fry Light
- Spray a deep pan with Fry Light and bring the heat up. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onions begin to go translucent.
- Add your mince and fry until browned.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to stir. The mince and tomatoes will have begun producing some liquid.
- Add the stock cubes (without water) mixed herbs and salt & pepper and reduce the heat. Continue to stir until the stock cubes have dissolved.
- Add about 100mls of boiling water, and the chilli and papirka if you're using them, and cover the pan. Leave to simmer, stirring every 5 - 10 minutes or so for at least half an hour.
- As the water evaporates just add a little bit more to ensure the mince doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer for as long as possible, up to about an hour and a half, as the longer you simmer for the more flavour your meat will have.
- Serve over pasta or large salad leaves!
Syn free on Slimming World. Suitable for SP on its own.