One of my favourite ever recipes is my Syn Free Cajun Chicken Pasta, and it just happens to be the most popular recipe I’ve ever created. This got me thinking about what other Cajun recipes I could get to making (I’ve since made a few) and this delicious Creamy Cajun Spiced Pork is definitely one to compete against the Cajun Chicken Pasta! With a creamy sauce, tender strips of pork, loads of delicious veggies and steamed white rice it really couldn’t be any more delicious…the best part is, it’s healthy too!
A Quick Recipe In 20 Minutes
I’m a massive fan of quick dinner recipes because I have a very busy life right now. One of the things I thought would happen when I quit my job and started my own business back in February, was that I would have loads of time to cook myself super healthy meals. It turns out, surprise surprise, that working for yourself means long days and long nights, none of which I would change for the world, but which doesn’t give me a lot of time behind the stove. That’s why recipes like this are so important for me, and for other people with busy lives! Whether you’re busy with work, family, friends or just don’t like to spend hours slaving over the stove, this Creamy Cajun Spiced Pork is a recipe you need in your life!
Creamy Cajun Spiced Pork on Slimming World
If you’re one of my gorgeous, inspirational, amazing Slimming World followers then I have some great news! This recipe is not only tasty, full of flavour and packed with veggies (speed food), it’s also low syn! The recipe gives you two very healthy sized portions, each of which is just 1.5 syns! As with all of my recipes, this is one that your family will love and they’ll be non-the-wiser that it’s a healthy meal. This recipe is even one you’ll get past the kids, because the veggies just don’t taste like veggies! Cajun spice is ideal for packing loads of flavour and helping vegetable haters forget about them!
Talking of Slimming World…get involved in the latest conversations over on my Facebook page! We’re discussing what your biggest motivations are on Slimming World, what your biggest struggles are AND what your favourite meals are!
Join the conversation over on Facebook!
Meal Prep Creamy Cajun Spiced Pork
Another awesome thing about this recipe is that it’s perfect for meal prep! Whether you’re just talking leftovers from the night before, or you scale up the recipe and make yourself a few day’s worth, it’s ideal to reheat at work. My new absolute favourite thing to help with meal prep right now is these Microwave Rice packs from Iceland. They’re syn free on Slimming World and come frozen, for you to pop in the microwave for three minutes. I’m not usually a fan of microwave rice, I often find that they come out sticky or they’re full of hidden sugars or just don’t taste that great…these rice packs from Iceland though seem to come out perfect and fluffy every time! No stodgy rice, easy to take to work in a cool bag, and so simple to put with recipes like this Creamy Cajun Spiced Pork!
Struggling With Slimming World?
This is a little off topic for this recipe, but having asked the question about what people were struggling with on Slimming World, I wanted to share a few resources if you’re finding motivation a struggle right now. I know as well as anyone how hard it can be to lose weight, and how much harder it can be to feel bad about yourself. I have struggled with my weight for years, due to mental and physical health obsticals, and as a result my weight has fluctuated up and down consistently since I was about 11. I’m a terrible binge eater, I eat when I’m emotional and I struggle to regain control once I fall off the wagon! If that sounds familiar these articles might be useful for you, they’re my own experiences and advice but hopefully they’ll help give some perspective or useful tips for your journey!
- How To Put A Stop To Emotional Eating
- Five Reasons People Struggle To Get Back on Plan
- 7 Things That Aren’t As Important As You
- Learning To Love My Stretch Marks
Making Healthy 20 Minute Creamy Cajun Spiced Pork
A low syn Creamy Cajun Spiced Pork dish!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 440g Lean Pork Strips
- 5x Shallots (finely chopped)
- 2x Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1x Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1x Orange Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1x Yellow Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 5x Baby Sweetcorn
- 1/2 Broccoli (cut into mid-sized pieces)
- 4tsp Cajun Spice (more or less depending on your preference in spice)
- 1 Pint Vegetable/Chicken Stock
- 2tbsp Low Fat Creme Fraiche
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Fry Light
- Over a medium heat, fry the shallots and garlic in Fry Light until softened and beginning to go brown.
- Add the pork and fry until browned.
- Add the sliced peppers and sweetcorn, along with half of the stock and Cajun spice. Stir until mixed and then cover and reduce the heat.
- Simmer until the stock has begun to reduce, then add the rest of the stock along with the broccoli and creme fraiche.
- Stir thoroughly and then simmer with the lid off, stirring occasionally, until the sauce begins to thicken. Season with salt & pepper.
- When the sauce becomes thicker and creamy, remove it from the heat and serve over rice or potatoes.
- Garnish with coriander, Cajun spice and some extra creme fraiche if desired.
- Serve straight away or meal prep for later!
1.5 syns per portion on Slimming World. Syn values correct at time of writing. Please do not share screenshots of this recipe, share links instead!